James C. Baker
JAMES C. BAKER, a Northern Michigan native, is a seasoned trial attorney, having successfully represented clients in a variety of forums, excelling in a myriad of specialties. He brings to the employment law arena a track record of six and seven-figure verdicts, settlements, and arbitration decisions; as well as a winning record in the appellate courts. He prides himself on his dedication and service to his clients, stemming from unrivaled attention to detail - a characteristic necessary to successful representation of Plaintiffs in employment cases.
While in law school, Mr. Baker clerked for former Michigan Supreme Court Justice Michael F. Cavanagh and the Michigan Attorney General, he was a three-term Editor of Law Review, and competed nationally in Trial Advocacy and Moot Court competitions.
Prior to his legal career he worked with families at risk, having focused on helping youth involved with gangs. Mr. Baker has been published internationally. He received an Honorable Discharge from the United States Marine Corps, having served as Presidential Honor Guard and Infantry Fire Team Leader.
Mr. Baker is widowed, and the father of boy/girl twins and a younger daughter. He, and his family proudly call Bloomfield Hills their home.
Areas Of Practice
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
- J.D. - 12/2000
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: former Michigan Supreme Court Justice Michael F. Cavanagh and Michigan Attorney General, Clerk
- Honors: Moot Court competitions
- Michigan State University
- B.A. - 1995
- Major: Political Science/Pre-Law
Honors and Awards
- Received an Honorable Discharge from the United States Marine Corps
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Catholic Lawyers Society
- Federal Bar Association
- Marine Corps League
- Michigan Association for Justice
- MSU Alumni Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- California, Admitted Pro Hac Vice